IPL is an intense pulse light with a specific wavelength of 590 nm used for treatment of chronic dry eye disease.
- Shrink the abnormal capillaries in the eyelids
- Reduce blepharitis (eyelid inflammation)
- Improve meibomian gland function
- Remove fat, reduces blockages and improves tear production in long term
- Get rid of bacteria and eyelash mites the causes of chronic blepharitis
Recommended treatment duration
Treatment of dry eye with IPL should be done continuously about 4 sessions at 2-4 weeks interval, depending on the symptoms and their severity of each patient at the discretion of the ophthalmologist.
Self-care after IPL treatment
1. Avoid sun exposure for about 1 week after the procedure
2. Wear sunglasses for 1 week after the procedure
3. Avoid wearing makeup for 1 day after the procedure
4. After IPL, you still need to take the oral medications and drops as instructed by your doctor
For more information, please contact the Eye Center, Tel. 1719 ext. 2019-20.