A dental crown can give you the beautiful and healthy smile that you deserve!
Bangkok Hospital Phuket Dental Center is one of the best teeth care center in Phuket provides all types of the highest quality dental treatments and manufactures dental products like implants prosthesis, inlays and onlays, bridges, and dental crowns.
Dental Crowns Procedure
Pre Operative Assessment
- You will be asked to prepare the digital X-Ray film to send to us for our dentist’s first consideration.
- The photos of your teeth (with your smile or your teeth) will be asked to send to us in association with digtal X-Ray film.
Procedure information and technique
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” that is placed over a tooth – covering the tooth to restore its shape and size, strength, and/or to improve its appearance. A dental crown may be needed when To protect a weak tooth from breaking, To restore an already broken tooth , To cover and support a tooth with a large filling , To hold a dental bridge in place , To cover misshaped or severely discoloured teeth , and To cover a dental implant.
Examining and preparing the tooth : at the first visit, our dentist may take a few x-rays to check the roots of the tooth receiving the crown and surrounding bone. If the tooth has extensive decay or if there is a risk of infection or injury to the tooth’s pulp, a root canal treatment may first be performed.
Receiving the permanent dental crown : at your second visit, our dentist will check the fit and colour of the permanent crown. If everything is acceptable, a local anesthetic will be used to numb the tooth and the new crown is permanently cemented in place.
Types of Crow Material
- Metals used in crowns included gold alloy, other alloys (for example, palladium) or a base-metal alloy (for example, nickel or chromium). Compared with other crown types, less tooth structure needs to be removed with metal crowns. Metal crowns withstand biting and chewing forces well and probably last the longest in terms of wear down.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns can be colour matched to your adjacent teeth (unlike the metallic crowns). However, more wear to the opposing teeth occurs with this crown type compared with metal or resin crowns. The porcelain crown portion can also chip or break off. Next to all-ceramic crowns, porcelain-fused-to- metal crowns look most like normal teeth. However, sometimes the metal underlying the crown’s porcelain can show through as a dark line, especially at the gum. These crowns can be a good choice for front or back teeth.
- All-porcelain dental crowns provide the best natural colour match. However, they are not as strong as porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns and they wear down opposing teeth a little more than metal or resin crowns. All-ceramic crowns are a good choice for front teeth.
Dental Crowns before and after photos
- Length of stay (in Phuket) : Around 8 – 14 days
- The number of visits : 2 – 3 visits
- Note: This is the estimation without root canal treatment or gum disease treatment.