options if you are considering use 3D dental x-ray to check for cavities in your teeth
Below is the basic information of 3D Dental X-Ray, you can click on the topic to read more.
- How does 3D dental x-ray work?
- Benefits of 3D dental x-ray
- How is 3D x-ray different from 2D dental x-rays?
- How is 3D x-ray different from ordinary dental x-rays?
How does 3D dental x-ray work?
The 3D ConeBeam Imaging system is basically a digital x-ray scanner mounted on a rotating arm. (Like a digital camera, it uses digital technology to record images instead of old-fashioned film.) It’s called “ConeBeam” because the scanner projects x-rays in a carefully controlled, cone-shaped beam.
You simply sit in a chair while the scanner moves in one complete circle around your head, gathering all the scan data needed. There’s no special preparation necessary.
Your specialists can then call up whatever views they need on a computer monitor: 2D, 3D, “panoramic” views of your entire mouth, even sequences like pages in a book. They can view your images from any angle and in different magnifications, to see the relationships between bones, teeth, airways, nerves and tissues; to plan or evaluate your treatment.
And while 3D ConeBeam Imaging produces the same kind of high-quality images as a CT (CAT) scan, it does so with less radiation.
Benefits of 3D dental x-ray
3D x-ray provides you, as a dentist, with the most detailed information for a more accurate diagnosis and more precision in the treatment. 3D x-ray provides you with a more complete view of the facial anatomy – from almost every angle and perspective. What you would never see with 2D images.
The fact that you can show your patients 3D x-ray images makes your patients more easily convinced to opt for a treatment and also more satisfied.
3D x-ray is quick and easy: in only 10 seconds, you will acquire a complete overview of the oral, jaw and dental area of the patient by means of a quick scan. You can use this precise and much more comprehensive information to advise your patients even better than before.
How is 3D x-ray different from 2D dental x-rays?
- View the oral, jaw and dental area from a large number of angles
- You can zoom into every area and rotate the view
- Nothing remains concealed: You will obtain a complete picture of the oral structure including the jaw bones, soft tissue and nerve tracts – and all that in one single scan
- Improved implant planning and implant setting
How is 3D x-ray different from ordinary dental x-rays?
- Quicker, simpler and more precise x-ray images – and all that in 3D top quality
- Hence better planning of treatment and even better results
- Significant time-saving for your practice team
- No inconvenient storage of films and chemicals and no dark rooms
- Simple sending of x-ray images per email free of charge
- Digital x-ray will give your patients the impression of a modern dental surgery, your patients will feel safe and at ease
- This information should not be used as a substitute to consultation from a physician. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
- The service center is Dental Center of Bangkok Hospital Phuket.
- If you have any enquiry or want to make appointment, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]