1. About us
Bangkok Hospital Phuket provides diagnosis, treatment and medical services, and is liable for the management of personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562. Therefore, this document shall inform you of the rationale and methods of collecting, using or disclosing your personal data, as well as keep you aware of your rights as the owner of personal data.
2. Objectives of data processing
Video surveillance is in place at the hospital for:
- Preventing or preempting harms to the life, body or health of visitors to the hospital, e.g. criminal offenses
- Ensuring legitimate advantages of the hospital, or other persons or juristic persons, e.g. to prevent dangerous situations, irregular incidents or emergency situations
3. Time frame of keeping personal data
- 24-hour video surveillance of visitors entering within CCTV parameters with automatic deletion every 30 days
- In jeopardy, video surveillance data shall be used as part of investigation by government authorities until it comes to an end.
- Should video surveillance data be used in court proceedings, such data utilization shall resume until the end of court proceedings.
4. Safety measures
The hospital shall adhere to professional management of personal data in the appropriate system up to corporate and technical standards, and on a par with legal requirements in order to ensure maximum protection and storage of personal data, not to mention its highly restricted access.
5. Sharing of video surveillance data to third parties
- The hospital may have to hand over video surveillance data to government authorities only in the case of formal written requests, and they shall serve to facilitate their investigations, legal executions, or legal enforcement in their capacity.
- The hospital may allow CCTV vendors to access personal data as part of system maintenance, provided its permission being granted first. CCTV vendors must have a system of personal data protection approved by the hospital prior to having access to CCTV personal data.
6. Your rights
As the owner of personal data, you have the right to request the hospital to proceed with your personal data in accordance with applicable laws.
For filing your request about personal data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at Bangkok Hospital Phuket at e-mail: [email protected] or call 076254425.