Bangkok Hospital Phuket (BPK) is a certified and approved hospital in southern part of Thailand to accept medical travelers through Alternative Hospital Quarantine (AHQ) closed flow from the point of origin (country) to arrival here at Phuket International Airport.
Medical travelers can feel safe and secure that Bangkok Hospital Phuket is capable of taking care of every patient upon their arrival and meeting our clinical team from-to-Phuket International airport.
Bangkok Hospital Phuket has been implementing International infection control under JCI protocol and all measures to prevent any spread of any infection in all patient’s touch-point.
- Patients passport copy with a patient signature
- Copy of the companion’s passport(s) with certified signature(s) (newly signed) – maximum of 3
- Updated medical report with relevant investigation results.
- Referral letter from a doctor in current country, stating the need to seek for treatment in Thailand.
- Proof of financial status, e.g. bank statement.
- Insurance policy (or Guarantee letter from the Embassy) covering the treatment of COVID-19
- incurred in Thailand, medical transportation and repatriation if needed, minimum amount of
- USD100,000 each, for the patient and each companion. Please see link for full details.
- Affidavit of support. (Only for patient with companions. This document can be prepared by Bangkok Hospital Phuket team, signed by the patient and/or companions.)
- Letter of intention and consent for quarantine. Provide be Bangkok Hospital Phuket, signed by the patient and/or companions.)
- Flight ticket. (if available)
- Fit-to-travel or Fit-to-fly certificate issued by a licensed doctor in the current country, within 72 hours before departure. (Please do not seek for this item yet. We shall alert you when to visit the doctor for this certificate.)
- COVID-19 test result within 72 hours before departure. (DO NOT attempt to get the COVID-19 test before the approval is confirmed.)
Upon completing all documents mentioned, Our International Marketing team (link to [email protected]) will e-mail all completed documents to the Thai Authorities or Embassy to request the release of appropriate visa for the patients and companion to enter Thailand.
After receiving the approval from the Thai authorities, a copy of the Confirmation Letter will be sent to the patient to be submitted to the Royal Thai Embassy in the current country, then the patient will receive the Certificate of Entry (COE) from the Thai Embassy.
Bangkok Hospital Phuket 15 Nights and 16 Days Quarantine Protocols:
- A patient and companion(s) will be subject to a quarantine in Bangkok Hospital Phuket for the duration of 15 Nights and 16 days from the day of arrival into the Kingdom of Thailand. Only one companion is allowed to stay with the patient. Other companion will be separated in isolation room single room during the quarantine period.
- A patient will only be allowed to leave the room for medical investigations and procedures required, while companion(s) will remain in the room throughout the quarantine period, except for visiting the patient at certain times of the day.
- Fever and respiratory tract symptoms will be monitored on a daily basis.
- Nasopharyngeal and oral swabs for real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (rt-PCR) test for COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) will be performed 3 times: on day 0 – upon arrival at hospital, 5th day and 14th day.
- If the test result for COVID-19 is detectable (positive), the infected individual will be admitted at COHORT Ward and all expenses should be paid by the patient or under insurance coverage.
- The approvals from the Embassy of the patient’s nationality as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are needed before returning home (the process takes 2 – 3 days).
More information of Alternative Hospital Quarantine package: click here
More information of Alternative Hospital Quarantine flow, click here
Exploring Thailand via air, ground or sea is convenient with easily accessible transportation means that includes commercial flights, taxis, buses, ferries and boats. You can hail a taxi or a motorbike simply by using apps in the comfort of your room and even get your food delivered. Shall you need to drive in Thailand, you should make sure that you comply with the local rules, regulations, and driving etiquette.
Find information about the driving rules, regulations, and more on this website: http://driving-in-thailand.com/
For more information about entering Thailand please find from Ministry of Foreign Affairs website : http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/home
Please find General Tourism Information from this website : https://www.tatnews.org/general-tourism-information/
Or please find information about tourism in Thailand from our Tourism Thailand website : https://www.tourismthailand.org/
The Kingdom of Thailand continues to attract over 10 Million non-Thai tourists/year and new residents from over 180 countries, all drawn to its diverse landscapes, world-famous cuisine, and ancient culture. Although tourists and residents of Thailand can enjoy relative calm and safety throughout their time in the Kingdom, it’s important to be aware of the current realities facing Thailand.
Today, the political situation in most of Thailand is relatively calm, with the new constitution having been signed in April 2017. Officials continue to advise tourists and residents to exercise caution when traveling to these areas, and to always stay informed of the current political climate.
Thailand has a healthy and fairly consistent system of information and journalism, where the most current political events and realities are covered both in English and Thai. One such outlet is the https://www.thephuketnews.com/ and https://www.bangkokpost.com/
Get to know more about Phuket: https://www.tourismthailand.org/Destinations/Provinces/Phuket/350