“Staple Circumcision” is the modern surgical instrument for circumcision that removes the foreskin of the penis, which is considered a safe and time-saving technique. This advanced technology maintains the advantages of bleeding prevention feature with no stitching requirement that causes minimal scarring and lessening susceptible to urinary tract infection as well as providing the reduction in male genital inflammation which considered the factor induce penile cancer among older men.
Why is circumcision necessary?
Male circumcision may be performed due to medical indication. Yet, circumcision maintains greater advantages as following:
- Address tight foreskin (phimosis) that causes difficulty urinating.
- Address retracted foreskin that cause irritation and swelling
- Prevent the unknown etiology of urinary tract infection
- Prevent scarring associated with urinary tract infection.
- Prevent urinary inflammation in juveniles.
- Prevent tight foreskin in adolescence.
- Lessen the length of foreskin that may cause zipper injury.
- Easier hygiene.
- Decrease the possibility of urinary disorder.
- Decrease the risk of infection to sexual transmission diseases.
- Decrease the progression of penile cancer.
- Religious indications such as Islam and Judaism.
- Children with genital disorders, such as hypospadias (a condition where the meatus isn’t at the tip of the penis).
- Premature infant.
- Penile abnormalities: hypo-epispadias, chordee, penile webbing, buried penis, etc.
- Swollen or infected foreskin.
- Those who carry the bleeding diathesis or ongoing anticoagulants.
- Cardiovascular disease patients
- Penile cancer patients
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
Benefits of Staple Circumcision
- Lesser time taken compared to conventional circumcision/procedure takes 10-15 minutes.
- No blood loss.
- Minimal scarrings.
- Quicker recovery period.
- Less pain experienced.
- Approximately 10-15 minutes.