current alternative in the treatment of osteoarthritis is limited. Many people suffering with knee pain from osteoarthritis. Because there is relieving symptoms of osteoarthritis by medication. Finally, you have to finish with a total knee replacement.
Guidelines for the treatment and rehabilitation of the symptoms of osteoarthritis. By Regenerative Injection Therapy by Platelet Rich Plasma, treatment by injection density platelet derived from a patient’s own blood. In order to accelerate the process of tissue repair without surgery
PRP is platelet density can helps in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Because the density of platelet have growth factor, can help accelerates the tissue repair body’s natural and have growth factor in doses higher than normal and making the rate of repair faster.
PRP is an alternative in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Without Surgery, Less tissue trauma ,No scarring Accelerate the natural process of tissue repair , Slow down the degeneration of the tissues and joints, Save time and money than surgery choice.(More effective in OA state 2-3)
- Restoring the strength of the structure supporting knee. By rehab in warm water.
- Maintain optimum body weight. By the personalized diet program
- Treatment by medication –NSAIDs, Glucosamine
- Knee Brace, Gait aid
- Physical therapy and Exercise
- Viscosupplement Injection
Risks and side effects
Cannot use PRP injections in patients with an infection in the knee, or arthritis such as gouty, rheumatoid in the acute phase
Preparation for pre/ post operation
Before Treatment by PRP injection
- Stop taking medicine for steroid, NSAIDs at least seven days before treatment by PRP
- Drink a lots of water
- Enough rest
After Treatment by PRP injection
- After injection by PRP use cold compresses can reduce swelling from the injections.
- You can eat a normal pain pills. But do not take NSAIDs because it will disrupt the work of the PRP process.
- The process for treatment depends on the doctor’s diagnosis.