What is CEREC?
CEREC or Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics is a practical tool with a high- reliability clinical study that helps patients to get more comfortable during receiving tooth restorations. With the computer graphic and unique CAD/ CAM technology, the dental prosthesis will be created fast and accurately. No more temporary restoration, gooey impression and unpleasant metal. Most importantly, all the process could be done in just “a one single dental session”.
How does it work?
- First step
- After the mouth preparation, the digital camera will be used to do the oral scan and generate 3D computerized model.
- Step 2
- Our dentist will manipulate the ceramic tooth design until it is accurate and fully After finalizing, the tooth will be directly manufactured by the onsite milling machine.
- Step 3
- The suitable ceramic block that is used for the restoration will be selected based on function and aesthetic concerns. Then, the dentist will do the finishing touch to make the dental prosthesis precisely fitsin the patient’s mouth.
- Step 4
- The dentist will bond the crown with the existing tooth, and the work is done.
Why patients are happy with this Tech?
Dentists could design and insert the crown in one visit, which is different from the traditional way in which patients may have to wait for 1-3 weeks to get their crown done. Say all the processes, starting from digital oral scanning to dental prosthesis placement, can be done in a few hours or within the same day.*
* depends on the complexity of each case
Patients can become more confident with their big smile. CEREC technology will design the ceramic restoration to look real and match with the patients’ natural teeth, so it will improve both their confidence and appearance.
- No follow-up appointment
No need to have a follow-up session since there is no need to put on any temporary teeth or materials. Also, with flossing and brushing teeth twice a day, the ceramic crowns could stay with you for years. However, do not forget to visit your dentist every 6 months for overall healthy mouth.
- Less pain
No need of re-injection for crown fitting since CEREC technology makes it possible for the dentist to complete all the processes within a single dental session.
- No silicone impression
CEREC tooth restoration is a metal-free restoration which is truly fast and comfortable for the patient. Thanks to the digital impression, we can say goodbye to silicone impression which sometimes could cause hyperactive gag reflex to some patients. Plus, with no impression material and tray, our patients will be stress-free during the process.
Given such minimal time required for popular dental work, all medical tourists can top up with other medical procedures of their choice for their most worthwhile holidays in Phuket, CEREC restorations are now available at the Bangkok-Phuket Dental Center at Bangkok hospital Phuket.
- Suitability for CEREC restorations may vary from person to person. Our dentist will confirm the procedures upon consultation.
- In some cases, additional appointment(s) may be required due to technical reasons, materials used.