Dr. Suthipas Pongmanee
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Thai / English
- MD., Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital School of Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Orthopedic training: Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- Spinal surgery fellowship training: Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- Spinal surgery visiting fellowship: Keio University (Tokyo), Japan.
- Hokkaido spinal surgery network, Japan.
- The Spine Hospital, New York-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Diploma of the Thai Board of Orthopaedics
- Degenerative spinal disease
- Spinal trauma
- Spinal oncology, Spinal metastasis
- Spinal infection
- Spinal deformity, Scoliosis
Education and Work Experience
- 2002-2004: General practice doctor, Srisangwal Hospital, Mae Hong Son, Thailand.
- 2004-2005: General practice doctor, Pai Hospital, Mae Hong Son,Thailand.
- 2005-2009 : Orthopedic training, Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- 2009-2011 : Orthopedist, Srisangwal Hospital, Mae Hong Son, Thailand.
- 2011-2012 : Spinal fellowship, Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- 2012-2013 : Orthopedist, Vachira Phuket General Hospital, Phuket, Thailand.
- 2013-2014 : Travelling fellowship in spinal deformity reconstruction and cervical spine surgery, Keio University (Tokyo) and Hokkaido spinal surgery network, Japan.
- 2014 until now : Medical staff, Adult reconstruction section, Spine Unit, Orthopedic department, Faculty of medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- 2004: Physical therapy in conclusion, Mahidol University
- 2005: Clinical medical science (Orthopedics), Chiang Mai University
- 2005-2012: Courses of Orthopedics trauma education, AO international foundational
- 2006: General surgery training and basic science, Royal college of Surgeon, Thailand
- 2006: Research training, Royal college of Surgeon, Thailand
- 2006: Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), American college of surgeon and Royal College of Surgeon, Thailand
- 2007: Team physician development (sports medicine), Asian federation of sports, medicine (AFSM)
- 2009: World osteoporosis, Manila, Philippines
- 2009: Orthopedic surgery travelling course, Sapporo, Japan
- 2010: National emergency medicine, system, Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan management
- 2011: Public health administrator course, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
- 2011: Fellowships in Spinal Surgery, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- 2014: Travelling fellowship in Spinal deformity, Keio University(Tokyo) and reconstruction and cervical spine surgery, Hokkaido spinal surgery network, Japan
- 2017: Fellowship in Spinal deformity reconstruction, The Spine Hospital, New advance cervical spine surgery and minimally York-Presbyterian/The Allen invasive spine surgery , Hospital Columbia University, New York, USA
Area of Interests
- Spinal deformity (scoliosis and cervical deformity)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spinal and spinal cord injury