Dr. Chusak Kuptarnond
Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgery (CVT)
Thai / English
- 1973 – 1977: B.Sc. Faculty of Medicine, Chiangmai University, Chiangmai, Thailand
- 1977 – 1979: M. Faculty of Medicine, Chiangmai University, Chiangmai, Thailand
- 1979 – 1980: Internship Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- 1980 – 1983: Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- 1984 – 1986: Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
- 1990 – 1991: Fellowship at Minneapolis Heart Institute, Minnesota, USA
Education and Work Experience
- 1982 – 2014: Teaching Staff, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- 2007 – 2009: Director of Queen Sirikit Heart Center of the Northeast, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- 2010 – 2014: Head Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
- 2017 – Present: Director of Heart Center of Excellence, Bangkok Hospital Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
- 2018 – Present: President of the Society of Surgeons of the Northeast, Thailand
- Member of the Medical Council of Thailand
- Member of the Medical Association of Thailand
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons of Thailand
- Member of the Heart Society of Thailand
- Member of the International College of Surgeons, Thailand
- Thymectomy for myasthenia gravis : Factors influencing outcome.Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1997 ; 3 : 199-203.
- Surgical treatment in intrathoracic tumor in children.Thai J Surg 1998 : 1 : 31-34.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm. Thai J Surg 1992 ; 13 : 26-30.
- Bilateral pleural effusion in paragonimiasis : A case report . Asean J Radiol 1996 ; 2 : 13-18.
- Esophageal carcinoma : Twelve years experience. Thai J Surg 1996 ; 17 : 167-172.
- Endomyocardial fibrosis (EMF) : Srinagarind experience of 20 cases. Thai Heart J 1995 ; 8 : 7-13.
- Congenital Aortocaval Fistula to the Superior Vena Cava : A Case Report.J Med Assoc Thai 2003 ; 4: 381-384.
- Pleuropulmonary Blastoma in a Child Presenting with Spontaneous Pneumothorax. J Med Assoc Thai 2003 ; 4 : 385-391.
- Acute Pulmonary Edema after Pericardial Drainage.Clin Pediatr Anesth 2005 ; 11 : 179-181.
- The posterior pericardiotomy. Does it reduce the incidence of postoperative atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass grafting? J Med Assoc Thai 2014 Oct;97 Suppl 10:S97-104
- Diagnostic accuracy of coronary CT angiography in patients after coronary bypass surgery: evaluation of grafts and native coronary arteries. J Med Assoc Thai 2014 Feb;97(2):211-9
- Surgical outcomes for congenital lung malformations: 10 years experiences at a single center. J Med Assoc Thai 2014 Jan;97(1):52-9
- Malignant mesothelioma of the pericardium: a report of two different presentations. Case Rep Oncol Med 2013 21;2013:356901. Epub 2013 Aug 21.
- Treatment of pulmonary aspergilloma in Srinagarind Hospital. J Med Assoc Thai 2013 Sep;96 Suppl 4:S142-8.
- Role of silicone derivative plus onion extract gel in presternal hypertrophic scar protection: a prospective randomized, double blinded, controlled trial. Int Wound J 2012 Aug 14;9(4):397-402. Epub 2011 Dec 14.
- Congenital aortocaval fistula to the superior vena cava: a case report. J Med Assoc Thai 2003 Apr;86(4):381-4.