Prof.Dr. Art Hiranyakas, M.D., FACS., FASCRS., FRCST., FSCRST., FRCFPT., FICS.
Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Robotic Colorectal Surgery, Colon and rectal surgery,
ไทย / English
Professional Background & Qualifications
Dr. Hiranyakas is an experienced academic Colorectal Surgeon. He was appointed as an Instructor of Surgery at Prince of Songkla University (PSU), Songkhla, Thailand right after his completion of General Surgery Board Examination in 2002. Dr. Hiranyakas was involved in both the undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and served as Professor at University of Shanghai for Science and Technology. He also held an academic appointment at School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University (JCU), Queensland, Australia in 2009.
He completed his advanced surgical training in National University Hospital, Singapore in 2004. He continued his Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery (2007) from Queensland, Australia, Robotic (da Vinci robotic surgical system) Colorectal Surgery (2011) from University of California, San Diego, USA. and Korea University, Seoul, Korea, and Advanced Training in Colorectal Surgery (2009-2011) from Cleveland Clinic Florida, USA. His advanced training in Colorectal Endoscopy (2005), Showa, Japan also provides him with special skills in both diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy. His unique overseas training experiences of over 900 colorectal surgery cases have provided a broad range of colorectal procedures for cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, benign colorectal conditions, sphincter-saving operations, re-operative abdominopelvic surgery and functional colorectal conditions eg. constipation, and incontinence. He is also trained in functional anorectal work and is competent in endoanal and endorectal ultrasonography. From all his achievements mentioned above, he is regarded as one of the best colorectal surgeon in Asia Pacific particularly in Thailand and Western countries.
Dr. Hiranyakas has authored numerous publications and book chapters under Prince of Songkla University, James Cook University and Cleveland Clinic Florida. His key publications involve colorectal cancer. Dr. Hiranyakas is also a current member of American Society of Colon and Rectum Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), and International College of Surgeons (ICS). He currently works as a full-time colorectal surgeon at Bangkok Hospital Phuket, serving local and international patients with professional skills and excellent service.
Education & Fellowships:
- Certificate of Advanced Training in Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Weston, Florida, USA.
- Certificate of Robotic Surgery (Da Vinci System) Training, University of California, San Diego, California, USA.
- Certificate of Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, Queensland, Australia.
- Certificate of Clinical Fellows in Colorectal Surgery and Pelvic Floor Physiology, National University, Singapore.
- Fellow of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons(FACS)
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons (ICS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Thailand
- Fellow of the Society of Colon and Rectum, Thailand
- Robotic Colorectal Surgery
- Sphincter-saving Operation
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Ileocolectomy
- Laparoscopic Rectopexy
- Re-Do Rectal Surgery
- Fecal Diversion
- Laparoscopic Proctosigmoidectomy
- Laparoscopic Abdomino-Perineal Resection
- Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy
- Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization
- Artificial Bowel Sphincter Inplantation
- Sacral Nerve Stimulator Implantation
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Advanced Polypectomy
- Surgery for Pilonidal Cyst
- Biofeedback for Fecal Incontinence
- Biofeedback for Constipation
- Anorectal Manometry
- Anal Electromyography
- Pudendal Nerve Terminal Motor Latency
- Colonic Transit Study
- Endo-Anal Ultrasonography
- Endo-rectal Ultrasonography
- Anal Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Anal Fissures
- Anal Fistula
- Fecal Incontinence
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Rectal Prolapse