CEREC or Cerec (Chairside Economical Restorationof Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction) is a method of CAD/CAMdentistry (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing), this process allows dentists to construct, produce, and insert individual ceramic restorations directly at the point of treatment (chairside) in a single appointment,rather than over multiple appointments with labside work in between.
During a chairside treatment, the dentist carries out all the steps, from digital impressions and computer-based construction of the restoration to the milling process, inside their office.The dentist uses an intraoral camera to take a photo of the preparation, the antagonist teeth, and the bite situation. Based on the images, the CEREC software creates a virtual model of the patient’s tooth situation.The dentist uses this model to construct the tooth restoration on the screen and then passes on the finished construction within the office’s network or sends it wirelessly to a milling machine. Depending on the type of restoration, it is then milled out of a color-matched ceramic block in just 6 to 15 minutes using diamond-coated milling units. The dentist can then add the finishing touches to the restoration by painting, polishing, and glazing it, before cementing it (the more traditional option) or adhesively integrating it, depending on the type of ceramic used.
All-ceramic restorations fabricated on Sirona’s CAD/CAM systems have proved themselves millions of times in clinical practice. To fulfill the highest standards in terms of quality and machinability we are continuously developing high-performance materials and accessories which are tailored to our design software and our CEREC milling units.
- 30 years of CAD/CAM experience
- Outstanding initial patient-specific design proposals as a result of analyzing the complete scan (Biojaw)
- Excellent grinding results using new algorithms and burs
- Simple to operate with the intuitive CEREC Software user interface
- Grinding and milling in one machine for a greater variety of materials
- High-performance materials for maximum milling and precision requirements
- Specific machining parameters
- Unlimited compatibility with Sirona’s milling units
- Direct material selection in the CEREC software
- Materials are optimally compatible with the milling process for high-quality restorations
- This information should not be used as a substitute to consultation from a physician. Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
- The service center is Dental Center of Bangkok Hospital Phuket.
- If you have any enquiry or want to make appointment, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com