The Joint Commission visit the hospital
Bangkok Hospital Phuket welcome the Joint Commission Survey Team
For more than 15 years, Bangkok Hospital Phuket has long served patients in our community and patients coming from abroad.
For us to maintain excellent medical services and to provide visible commitment to improve the safety and quality of patient care, the organization sought hospital accreditations from agencies from within Thailand and the USA.
As a result of our efforts, we proudly announce that Bangkok Hospital-Phuket was granted accreditation on May 23, 2009 from the Joint Commission International (JCI). We are the first hospital in Asia to achieve accreditation for the third edition of International Standards for Hospitals. Being accredited with JCI is recognition of our ongoing commitment to provide high standards of patient care.
Patients can receive greater assurance that they are receiving quality and safe care in our hospital that meets globally accepted standards. Achieving this JCI accreditation is not only an internal milestone for us, but also recognition that Thailand is a center of medical excellence.
It officially recognizes that the practices of our doctors, nurses, medical assistants and the management team at Bangkok Hospital Phuket meet or exceed the standards of medical facilities in the US. It is with great pride of Phuket residents and Thai People that we announce JCI accreditation. Ever committed to improving the lives of each patient that passes through our doors, we invite you to experience the top-tier services Bangkok Hospital Phuket has to offer.
About Joint Commission International (JCI)
As the International division of Joint Commission Resources, Joint Commission International (JCI) has been working with health care organizations, ministries of health, and global organizations in over 80 countries since 1994.
Our focus is on improving the safety of patient care through the provision of accreditation and certification services as well as through advisory and educational services aimed at helping organizations implement practical and sustainable solutions.
In September 2007, JCI received accreditation by the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua). Accreditation by ISQua provides assurance that the standards, training and processes used by JCI to survey the performance of health care organizations meet the highest international benchmarks for accreditation entities.
In fact, the world’s first World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre, dedicated exclusively to patient safety solutions, is a joint partnership between the WHO, The Joint Commission, and JCI.
International Accreditation and Certification.
Over 250 public and private health care organizations in 36 countries have been accredited by JCI. JCI provides accreditation for hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, clinical laboratories, care continuum services, medical transport organizations, and primary care services, as well as certification for disease or condition specific care. Our standards were developed by international health care experts and set uniform, achievable expectations.
Through JCI accreditation and certification, health care organizations have access to a variety of resources and services that connect them with the international community: an international quality measurement system for benchmarking; risk reduction strategies and best practices; tactics to reduce adverse events, and the annual Executive Briefing Programs.
JCI Consulting provides education and advisory services to health care organizations, ministries of health, accrediting bodies, and other entities outside of the United States. We provide practical solutions to help develop clinical services, improve the quality of care, enhance patient safety, reduce and manage risk, and achieve international standards.
Our consultants bring expertise and best practices gained in working with the global community. Our focus is on health care quality improvement and patient safety, with expertise in infection control, medication safety, facility safety, and accreditation standards compliance.
- JCI is a recognized world leader in health care quality and patient safety. Our consultants and surveyors are highly trained clinicians and advocates for patient safety
- Our focus is on health care quality improvement and patient safety with expertise in infection control, medication safety, facility safety, and accreditation preparation
- JCI’s standards were developed by health care experts from around the world and were tested in every world region
- JCI’s accreditation decisions are made by an international committee of health care experts
- JCI Advisory Councils in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific are made up of health care leaders who provide guidance on key patient safety and quality issues
- Our highly skilled staff brings innovative, yet practical solutions to help organizations address their most challenging patient safety issues
The mission of JCI is to continuously improve the safety and quality of care in the international community through the provision of education and consultation services and international accreditation and certification.
- Ambulatory Care
- Care Continuum
- Clinical Laboratory
- Medical Transport
- Primary Care
- Clinical Care Program Certification
Accreditation for Hospital
- The JCI Accreditation Standards for Hospital are designed to evaluate quality and patient safety in all clinical and managerial functions of acute care hospital.
- The standards are applicable for:
- Access to health care
- Health Assessment and care processes
- Education and rights of individuals
- Management of information and human resources
- Safety of facility
- Infection control
- Collaborative integrated management
- Facility management
- Performance measurement
- Education & Rights of patients